You can find many web hosting providers all over the web. But, there are only a few that offer specialized services for building WordPress websites. In this article, we take a closer look at some of those web hosting sites that provide optimized hosting plans for setting up WordPress websites.
Unlike static websites, WordPress websites require regular maintenance. For example, whenever a new version of WordPress software is available, you have to manually update it to keep your website performing at its best level. You also have to protect your site from hackers, check for malware, and keep backups of your website.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2017
There are several web hosting providers that allow you to automate these smaller tasks to keep your WordPress website secure and up-to-date while providing the best services. And you’re about to find out what they are. Keep on reading.
- Starting Price: $3.95 per month.
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat, tickets, & phone support.
- Money Back Guarantee: 30-Day.
- Automatic Backups: Free daily backup.
Siteground is an award-winning web hosting provider specializing in WordPress hosting. The company is also well-known for its fast and reliable customer service. Siteground hosts more than 500,000 websites on its data centers across the US, Europe, and Singapore.
Fully optimized WordPress hosting plans offered by Siteground makes it the best option for building WordPress websites. Every WordPress hosting plan comes with free daily backups of your website, WP-auto-updater for automatically updating your WordPress software whenever a new version is available and much more.
Siteground now also turns their websites automatically converted to HTTPS with a free SSL certificate when you purchase a new hosting plan. You won’t have to configure or setup anything.
Siteground is one of the very few web hosting providers that provide customer support via phone. They also have a responsive live chat system where you can get your questions answered instantly. Siteground customer support team is active 24/7.
What makes Siteground hosting so special is its specially optimized SuperCacher feature, which optimizes your website for speed combined with Siteground’s in-house WordPress plugin.
In addition, you can also buy extra add-ons to regularly checking your website for malware, advanced backups and restore services, free CloudFlare CDN to make your site load faster, and much more.
- StartUp: $3.95 per month for hosting 1 website with 10GB of space with 1 daily backup.
- GrowBig: $7.95 per month for hosting unlimited websites with 20GB of space with 30 daily backup copies, SuperCacher, premium SSL.
- GoGeek: $14.95 per month for hosting unlimited websites with 30GB of space with 30 daily backup copies, SuperCacher, premium SSL, backup and restore service, One-click WordPress Staging.
Use our SiteGround coupon to get up to 60% off.
#2 A2 Hosting
- Starting Price: $3.92 per month.
- Customer Support: 24/7 support tickets and live chat.
- Money Back Guarantee:
- Automatic Backups: Server Rewind Backups.
A2 Hosting is one of the highest rated web hosting providers available today with an average rating of 5/5 in over 6000 customer reviews. The company also has a special hosting plan with a “Turbo Server” option that offers up to 20x faster website speed.
A2 Hosting has hosting plans for building all kinds of websites from WordPress blogs to hosting CRM software, Wiki websites, and even for creating a social network. The company claims to have servers that powerful.
As for WordPress websites, A2 uses A2 Optimized Software to automatically configure WordPress installations for best performance with caching and compression.
A2 provides customer support via support tickets and live chat. For pre-sales questions, you can contact them via phone as well. According to many customer reviews, A2 seems to be super responsive when it comes to customer service.
The Turbo Server feature, which promises 20X faster performance, is the main feature of A2 Hosting. This feature allows you to host your website on a server with fewer websites and with more resources. Hence more performance.
In addition, A2 provides an Optimized Site Accelerator caching system powered by Turbo Cache. However, those features are limited to the Turbo hosting plan.
A2 also has a system for stabilizing your website during traffic spikes called Performance Plus, which doubles your CPU cores and RAM during high traffic situations.
- Lite: $3.92 per month for hosting 1 website with unlimited space, transfer, and 25 email addresses.
- Swift: $4.90 per month for hosting unlimited websites with unlimited space, transfer, and email addresses.
- Turbo: $9.31 per month for hosting unlimited websites with unlimited space, transfer, email addresses, and 20X faster Turbo Server.
- Starting Price: $2.95 per month.
- Customer Support: 24/7 phone, live chat, and email.
- Money Back Guarantee: 90-day.
- Automatic Backups: Free daily backups.
InMotion is a web hosting company that’s been around since 2001. The company currently hosts more than 300,000 websites around the world. The InMotion WordPress hosting plans come with the WordPress pre-installed and lets you access an in-house website building tool called BoldGrid, which is also built on WordPress and allows you to easily design your own unique websites using a drag-and-drop editor.
Since InMotion WordPress plans come with the software pre-installed, it’s ideal for complete beginners who are not familiar with the WordPress installation process.
Plus, you’ll also be able to save the money you spend on premium WordPress themes, thanks to InMotion’s website builder, BoldGrid, which comes with customizable themes for easily creating your own designs.
Unlike most other hosting providers, InMotion knows the importance of customer support. The company provides customer service via phone, live chat, and email around the clock through a US-based support team.
InMotion WordPress hosting plans include free daily backups and 1 free restore per every 4 months. All plans come with a 90-day money back guarantee.
In addition, InMotion will award you $100 of Google Adwords credits, $75 of Bing advertising credits and $75 of Yahoo advertising credits with each hosting plan for getting a head-start on your promotions.
InMotion is also one of the very few web hosting platforms that offer 1GB of RAM with their basic hosting plan.
- Launch: $2.95 per month for hosting 2 websites with unlimited space, bandwidth, and emails.
- Power: $4.49 per month for hosting 6 websites with unlimited space, bandwidth, emails, and twice the resources of the Launch plan (2GB RAM).
- Pro: $7.49 per month for hosting unlimited websites with unlimited space, bandwidth, emails, and twice the resources of the Power plan (4GB RAM).
Use our Inmotion hosting coupon to get up to 50% off.
- Starting Price: $20 per month.
- Customer Support: Chat, Twitter, phone, and support tickets.
- Money Back Guarantee: 30-day.
- Automatic Backups: 30-day automatic backups and restore.
MediaTemple is a premium quality web hosting provider that focuses on quality and better security. The company has been in business since 1998 and it’s being used by some of the major companies such as Samsung, Adobe, jQuery, and more.
MediaTemple offers shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting plans. But, the company is well-known for its managed WordPress hosting plans, which are ideal for high-traffic and resource heavy websites.
Unlike hosting your website using a shared hosting plan, with managed hosting you get to host your website on a server specially optimized just for WordPress. You will also get more resources for your hosting plan. Which will greatly benefit your website loading speeds as well.
In addition to phone, live chat, and support tickets, MediaTemple also provides support via Twitter. Getting your questions answered is as simple as mentioning MediaTemple in a tweet.
Better security is the main benefit of hosting with MediaTemple. All of its hosting plans comes with DDoS and intrusion protection and malware detection. The company will also keep your website up-to-date with automatic WordPress updates.
In addition, you’ll also get access to a selection of exclusive WordPress themes.
- Personal: $20 per month for hosting 2 websites with 50GB space and unlimited data transfer.
- Pro: $60 per month for hosting 10 websites with 200GB space and unlimited data transfer.
- Elite: $240 per month for hosting 50 websites with 500GB space and unlimited data transfer.
- Extended: $499 per month for hosting 100 websites with 1TB space and unlimited data transfer.
- Starting Price: $5.95 per month.
- Customer Support: 24/7 phone, support tickets, and live chat.
- Money Back Guarantee: 45-day.
- Automatic Backups: Daily backups (limited).
Anyone who’s ever surfed the web knows about HostGator. You may have seen their ads all over the web, sometimes offering shared web hosting for as low as $0.01 cent for the first month.
What you may not know is HostGator’s WordPress cloud hosting plans, which lets you build WordPress websites on cloud architecture featuring multiple caching layers and promising 2.5X faster load times.
As a massive corporate company, HostGator has some pretty strict policies regarding its services. For example, all WordPress hosting plans offer unmetered space and bandwidth, but if you were to use 25% or more of system resources for longer than 90 seconds, like during a long traffic spike, you’ll be in violation of HostGator Terms of Service. If you couldn’t find a way to lower the resource usage, your account might even get disabled or banned.
It’s highly unlikely for that kind of situations to happen, but it would be wise to use HostGator only for building basic WordPress websites and niche blogs than a magazine-style blog with viral articles that gets high traffic regularly.
HostGator provides 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat, and support tickets. Although, since the company has a large customer base, it will take a while for your questions to get answered or get in contact with a member of their support team.
Faster cloud hosting and automatic daily backups aren’t the only features you get with HostGator WordPress plans. It also features global CDN for boosting website speed and automatic malware removal for keeping your website safe from hackers.
You will also get $100 worth of Google AdWords credit with each hosting plan.
- Starter: $5.95 per month for hosting 1 website with unmetered space and 1GB of daily backups.
- Standard: $7.95 per month for hosting 2 websites with unmetered space and 2GB of daily backups.
- Business: $9.95 per month for hosting 5 websites with unmetered space and 5GB of daily backups.
- Starting Price: $2.95 per month.
- Customer Support: 24/7 phone and live chat.
- Money Back Guarantee: 30-day.
- Automatic Backups: Daily, Weekly, Monthly backups.
Similar to HostGator, Bluehost is yet another massively popular web hosting service that’s been able to score more than 2 million customers worldwide with its successful marketing campaigns. The company is well known for its selection of affordable shared hosting plans.
Bluehost also offers managed WordPress hosting, but it’s way too expensive ($20 per month for the first term and then $40 per month) and it’s more suitable for high-traffic websites.
BlueHost is recommended by many experts for beginners, but compared to other platforms we’ve reviewed, Bluehost is not the most suitable option for people without any technical experience. Setting up a WordPress website with Bluehost shared hosting plan requires some basic knowledge. Which makes it a more suitable option for people who are already familiar with web hosting and WordPress installations.
Bluehost is not a suitable option for people looking to migrate to a new host either. While other web hosting providers, like Siteground, offers website migration for free of charge, BlueHost charges $150 for the service.
Bluehost offers customer support via both phone and live chat. But, since the company grew bigger, the quality of their service and support has started to decline. When you have 2 million customers, you don’t have to worry about losing one or two customers.
While Bluehost follows the same rules as HostGator to punish websites that use too much of server resources, the company also has a system for identifying websites that use excessive resources and temporarily reassign them to isolated systems to keep the site from going offline.
Other than that, Bluehost doesn’t offer any specially optimized services, like caching or malware detection, for its shared web hosting plans.
- Basic: $2.95 per month for hosting 1 website with 50GB of space and 5 email accounts.
- Plus: $5.45 per month for hosting unlimited websites with unmetered space and unlimited email accounts.
- Prime: $5.45 per month for hosting unlimited websites with unmetered space and unlimited email accounts.
- Starting Price: $5 per month.
- Customer Support: Support tickets.
- Money Back Guarantee: Try $5 plan Free for a month.
- Automatic Backups: Manual Snapshots of the server.
Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is one of the most trusted cloud computing services that hosts some of the biggest websites on the web, including Reddit, Pinterest, and Adobe Systems.
Amazon recently launched a brand new VPS hosting platform to offer that incredible service to smaller websites and to make their services easily accessible to the non-technical audience.
What most people don’t know is that you only get around 256mb to 512mb of RAM with a basic shared hosting plan. Sometimes even less. With a VPS plan, you get more than double the amount of resources of a shared hosting plan for the same price. The result: A faster and a more stable website.
The only downside is that setting up a WordPress website on a VPS and maintaining it by yourself requires some technical knowledge. If you already have some experience with VPS hosting or willing to learn, Lightsail can be a great platform to launch your blog.
Amazon Lightsail is not a managed VPS service, which means you’re in full charge over your server. However, Amazon will answer your technical questions via support tickets, which you’ll have to submit through the AWS platform. There’s no customer support specially available for Lightsail customers. Lightsail is a part of the AWS.
Lightsail VPS plans features Linux-based servers and comes with preconfigured images for setting up popular apps, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and more with just a single click. So, installing WordPress on a Lightsail VPS won’t be too difficult.
All Lightsail servers are also protected by AWS security and compliance standards as well.
- $5 A Month: 512mb RAM, 1 core processor, 20GB SSD space, and 1TB transfer.
- $10 A Month: 1GB RAM, 1 core processor, 30GB SSD space, and 2TB transfer.
- $20 A Month: 2GB RAM, 1 core processor, 40GB SSD space, and 3TB transfer.
- $40 A Month: 4GB RAM, 2 core processor, 60GB SSD space, and 4TB transfer.
- $80 A Month: 8GB RAM, 2 core processor, 80GB SSD space, and 5TB transfer.
Comparison of top WordPress hosts May 2017
|Money Back Gurantee||30 days||Anytime||90 days||30 days||45 days||30 days|
|Free SSL||Yes||Yes||Yes||$75 / year||No||No|
|Special Features||SuperCacher||Turbo 20x||BoldGrid||Better Security||2.5x speed||None|
|Best For||Everyone||Everyone||Everyone||Advanced Users||Beginners||Beginners|
When it comes to WordPress hosting, it’s difficult to choose a single best hosting provider because different hosting sites comes with their own unique features. Although, SiteGround always goes on top in all of our lists for their incredibly optimized service for WordPress websites and reliable customer service.
Whichever platform you end up choosing, don’t make a decision based on the price tag. Look deeper. Read their terms and conditions pages. Have a chat with a representative to get more insights before making a decision.
Also, check out our Deals section to get special discounts when buying hosting and other services.